Postgraduate education and covid-19
The Faculty of Science and Technology has decided on how thesis defences and licentiate seminars should be conducted during the covid-19 pandemic. In brief the guidelines are as follows:
- Thesis defences and licentiate seminars are conducted digitally with maximum 8 persons physically present.
- At a thesis defence the respondent and the chairperson must be physically present, at a licentiate seminar the respondent and the examiner.
- The examination committee and opponent can participate digitally without any special permission.
- A link for online participation and a contact person for questions should be publicly announced, but not the physical location.
- Audio and video must be of good quality throughout the defence/seminar.
- It is the responsibility of the professor responsible for postgraduate education that these regulations are adhered to, not the PhD student.