WELCOME AS A MASTER STUDENT AT THE DEPARTMENT OF Civil and Industrial Engineering, CAMPUS UPPSaLA, UPPSALA UNIVERSITY!
Master Programme in Industrial Management and Innovation
We would like to congratulate you on your admittance to your Master programme, and sincerely welcome you to an exciting 2-year programme.
Not a long time remains until the programme start, and we would like to take this opportunity to inform you about some important practical details in connection with the programme start.
1. Welcome programme at Uppsala University
The international office at Uppsala University has a number of activities upon your arrival in Sweden: picking you up at the airport (Arlanda), accommodation arrangements, a welcoming reception, guided tours as well as an introduction to the University and the city. Please visit the website for further details http://www.uu.se/en/students/new-students/welcome-programme-uppsala/
2. Welcome Ceremony at the Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering and Programme Registration (mandatory), Xday, the Xth of August 2020, xx.00-xx.00, Ångström Laboratory (Lägerhyddsvägen 1) in Siegbahn Hall (building 1, ground floor)
a) Welcome ceremony
The Master programme of Industrial Management and Innovation formally belong to the Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering. Hence the students will be addressed by the Director of the Department as well as by the Director of Studies and the Programme Director. Practical information and essential instructions will be given by the Study and Carrier Counsellors.
b) Programme registration (enrollment)
To formally enroll as a student you have to be present at the Programme Registration. In order to be registered you will have to provide an identification document. Additionally, students who are conditionally admitted must provide an original diploma along with a transcript of records.
In case you are not able to attend the registration you must report to the Study Counsellors (see contact us) in writing if you wish to retain your place in the programme.
Sandwiches and soft drinks will be served at the end of the registration procedure. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know by 15th August at the latest.
3. Programme specific activities, the XXth of August 2020, xx.00-xx.00
The afternoon proceeds with programme specific activities. Information about location will be given soon.
4. Syllabus (IMPORTANT)
The programme's syllabi can be found at this link: Industrial Management and Innovation
- The course syllabi is hyperlinked in the programme outline (found also in the programme syllabus). It is of utmost importance to inform the Study Counsellor if you already have taken any particular course from the first semester in the programme syllabus. In such a case we would explore possibilities for suggesting other courses which might be of interest to you. It is highly desirable that you inform us as soon as possible and not later than 15 August 2018.
5. Other useful links
6. A list of things to do after having enrolled
After registration you would need to do a number of practical steps in order to get going. A useful To do list along with practical advice is found at Getting settled in Uppsala.
7. Good to know: Getting your Master’s degree
Note that in order to obtain your MSc degree at the end of the programme you need to produce your original BSc diploma.
We very much look forward to seeing you on August XXth! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering